Team Members Wanted for the following positions:
Description of Work:
Carevan Company is a Professional Non-Emergency Wheelchair Van Transportation provider, currently servicing the Detroit Metropolitan area. We are looking for Chauffeur licensed drivers to operate our wheelchair van service on a full-time and part-time basis.
Applicants must go through pre-employment screening to:
- Obtain and submit a satisfactory police and medical clearance
- Submit his/her driver’s record which must be obtained from the Secretary of State
- Undergo drug and background screening
- Complete predefined paid-training sessions to qualify
- Drive one of several different Full size wheelchair vans in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner – throughout the assigned service area and per the assigned schedule
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections
- Stop at designated points to load and unload passengers
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
- Operate an on-board mobile data device to accept and perform trip assignments
- Perform 90% of all trip assignments within the designated windows of time
- Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems or vehicle mechanical/electrical trouble and record each on his/her incident log
- Assure that fares are collected and properly secured for deposit
- Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary
- Complete and submit written reports concerning trips, passengers, and all incidents
- Must be at least 25 years of age
- Possess a valid Chauffeur's driver license or CDL with required endorsements
- Unrestricted license in effect for five (5) years
- Not more than two (2) moving violations.
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work shifts, hours, and days assigned – and perform other duties as assigned.
- Prior experience driving NEMT or a related service preferred
- Thorough knowledge of the Detroit Metropolitan area preferred
Please APPLY NOW by clicking the APPLY NOW button below!